Eneroil Stab-In cementing is an improved method for cementing large diameter casing. Conventional method require excessive amounts of cement to ensure cement circulation to the surface because of open hole volume, losses to the formation, or mud displacement efficiency that cannot be determined with sufficient accuracy. In addition, large plugs must be used to separate the cement from the mud and have to be drilled out, along with any cement in the casing. With stab-in cementing, the drill pipe is stabbed directly into the Float Shoe or Collar and cement is pumped through the drill pipe until it returns to reach the surface. Cement is then displaced to the bottom of the drill pipe, a wiper dart can be used. The drill pipe is then picked up, circulated, and pulled out of the hole.
The Stab-In Float Equipment is used for cementing large diameter casing, lowered on drill pipe. The string presents special cementing consideration due to high displacement volume of large diameter casing. Problems with high displacement are overcome by using Stab-In cementing equipment to allow cementing through drill pipe.
- Improves displacement accuracy – cement mixing, while pumping continues until cement returns to reach the surface.
- Get better cementing quality – reduced cement/mud interface area and high velocity of flow in the drill pipe minimizes cement contamination while the short pumping time eliminates the need for cement retarders.
- Reduces cement volume – conventional displacement requires calculation of excess cement factor, whereas with Stab-in methods excess cement needs to be not greater than the volume of the drill pipe. No large plugs are needed.
- Reduces rig time – circulating, pumping, and drill-out time is minimized.
- Protects casing – cementing pressures are confined to the drill pipes in a squeeze job.
- Available from sizes 9⅝”- 30″.
- Stab-in cement Float Shoes & Collars are also available with Double Valve.
- API standard threads are cut in-house as are numerous selected premium threads up to certain sizes. Other premium and custom threading can be supplied and cut through our extensive vendor base.