DuPont™ Tychem® 9000 offers wide-ranging protection backed by extensive fabric permeation barrier testing. Tychem® 9000 fabric provides at least 30 minutes of protection against more than 280 chemical challenges, including chemical warfare agents. Tychem® 9000 offers tear, puncture and abrasion resistant fabrics for lasting protection. Tychem® 9000 garments are designed for enhanced comfort and ease of movement. High visibility yellow.
- Encapsulated design provides protection from liquid splash exposure for both the wearer and respiratory equipment
- Also provides coverage from overhead liquid splash (does not provide vapor protection)
Taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered with
- a strip of compatible chemical-resistant material through heat sealing.
- Standard 20 mil PVC faceshield
Rear entry design keeps closure away from direct contact with frontal chemical exposure and provides ability to change air bottle on SCBA without removing the entire garment
- Expanded back to accommodate self-contained air breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with rugged hook and loop material to prevent intrusion at zipper
- Elastic opening for tighter fit at wrist
- Integrated socks composed of garment material
- Attached flaps are designed to cover boot tops to help reduce potential for liquid intrusion
Tychem® 9000 Encapsulated Level B Suit. Expanded Back, Rear Entry. Standard Visor, 1 Layer: 20 mil PVC. Elastic Wrists. Attached Socks with Outer Boot Flaps. Double Storm Flap with Hook & Loop Closure. Two Exhaust Vents. Taped Seams. Yellow.